Shopaholic versus Fashionista

Shopaholic versus Fashionista
Fight for Fashion!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

At last...conclusion on Manbag!!!

Well, at last, after much deliberation, we have come to a conclusion!! Finally!!

Me and Shopaholic went to Pavillion and rave through all those designers boutique, you name it...First to Gucci, and tried it out.


 The black medium tote did look big and bulky, but the material is fantastic, a coated Fabric with black leather trims. Its look a bit shiny but durable material.


The smaller totes also look good and the price is not bad but it does give me only one look as it is in the normal  Gucci coated fabric. It will look nice for weekend but I am not sure for office wear, especially when I like to wear dark color clothing.
 
Pros
The material is nice, very sturdy and with the GG logo allover, it look very nice.
The leather trimmings is fantastic for long wearing.
Its a Gucci honey!!!!  

Cons
Both totes do not have any detachable shoulder straps which is a bit turn off.
The compartment inside are limited.
The small tote have only 1 look.
The black medium tote are too big.

After that we also went to Prada to have a look at the bags. There is one bag that I like very very much.   


This is the latest messenger bag + totes from Prada. Made from Prada nylon straps, it does look and feel good . It comes with a detachable shoulder straps and have multi compartment. I like it!!! Its black and very easily can be wear with anything!!

But the price is a bit out of my budget which is RM4690.00. Thats expensive for a Manbag! And I already have a black bag, why do I need to have another black? Of course the design is different, but I want to have alternatives...

We walked out from the boutique and decided to have a summary and discussion on the best purchase. Currently, the one that will be a better choice and in budget will be the Black Gucci medium tote. So after drinking and having our lunch at Michaelangelo, we went back in to buy the bag.

On the same time, I decided to go to Coach to buy some gift for our friend birthday. After looking here and there, I bought for her a Coach Poppy collection leather wristlet. Its funky and cool...and it will match her easily...:)
 

She's happy with the gift..hehhehe

While going through the wristlet, I found out that there are some nice design man bag there in Coach. Coach really have a good taste in the design and colour of the bags. No wonder Shopaholic are very addicted to Coach!


I tried some of the messenger bags and it look really nice. There are 1 tote bag which I like so much and 1 medium tote bag with a detachable shoulder straps!!! The compartment inside are plenty and its long wearing material!!



 ' Dont you think the designs here in Coach are better than Gucci and Prada? I said to Shopaholic.
She smile and nodded her head. " You cant beat Coach design...its crazy beautiful!!' 

And you know, with RM3000, I can get 2 bag there..hahhaa...affordable fashion. I like!! I am trying a leather messenger + tote bag in black color which is very nice. But the only cons with the bag is that its kind of look similar to the one that I already have., the Hogan bag. Like Prada messenger+tote bag,  this Coach bag that I like also in black leather and they are running out of brown color.


Again, we discussed..... Gucci vs Coach .......and then a miracle happen....

We went out of Pavillion with a very happy purchase.....:)

This is a very good decision making process..:) I am happy with my purchase.

Want to know which one that I bought?...




 
      

 Coach Hamptons Tote Bag in Black with detachable Cream shoulder strap
   
Why we love this bag?
+ The design are unique and very easily adaptive to any style, to work or weekend.
+ We love the colour, and I like it in black...:) with black leather trimmings as well..
+ Multi compartment inside, a big zipped pocket, 2 phone slots and a small pocket at the back.
+ Detachable shoulder strap to convert from tote to messenger type bag.

+ Long wearing black canvas material.
+ On the budget!!
+ And its look Manly!!!




So, because of I am below budget, maybe I should buy another one in blue? :)

xoxo Smiling Fashionista with his nice Manbag...:)

2 comments: