Shopaholic versus Fashionista

Shopaholic versus Fashionista
Fight for Fashion!

Monday, April 25, 2011

New York, New York

I have been dreaming to go to New York since I was 7 years old. There were many challenges for me to overcome to get to New York. But in the end after 25 years of waiting and working, I finally made the journey of a lifetime to New York City earlier this year with my American husband :-)

Of course I shared this happiness with my best friend Mr. Fashionista, and he is very happy for me. He has done London and I did New York, which leaves only Paris, Milan and Tokyo for us to cover. Hopefully we can see those places together someday. Pray for us!

Okay, enough of this sweet drama. Let's talk about what I found for us fashion lovers while shopping in the Big Apple. The place for fashion lovers and shopping is 5th Avenue, which is a major street in Manhattan. The section of Fifth Avenue between 49th Street and 60th Street, located in Midtown Manhattan, is lined with every designer shop you can think of and every designer imaginable. It's among the most expensive shopping streets in the world. Mmmmm I love the sound of "expensive". Below are two shots of me on 5th Avenue:




In the below picture, I'm in Times Square. This is another big tourist mecca and shopping district in Midtown Manhattan. Being in Times Square is like being in a giant pinball machine!


Ok, I know I am a bit showing off but hey... its my journey of a lifetime :-).

However as posted earlier by my beloved best friend, about his desire to have a tote bag by a certain American Designer, he asked for my help to get him one. And of course, what are friends for? I went through the hassle that is New York City to find a Jack Spade boutique for my friend, which is on Greene Street in Soho in Manhanttan. Soho is another tony shopping district in Manhattan. As to how to get to Greene Street in NYC, the below picture may give you a clue on how I got there:


The subway is the only way to get around the Big Apple and that's what we did too.

Anyways, after taking a subway and miles of walking, we finally got to the Greene Street. There were so many shops and people and at the same time such beautiful buildings plus a little spring rain :-). We kept walking and finally we found the Jack Spade boutique. Inside the Jack Spade boutique it looks like this:


After asking some questions, and considering what was available, I got something very sexy and chic for Mr. Fashionista. Later on he will show off his new bag to you guys.

New York is definitely for me. I would love to live in New York. The energy there, the excitement, people constantly in motion and striving to realize their dreams, is something that I have never felt before anywhere else. And what else does New York have that I want? Real FREEDOM!



3 comments:

  1. u nih memang berlari jer ker kat NY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running to get in line to enter Prada and Hermes in NYC ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. berlagak fashionista kunun.. padahal sengkek jerk

    ReplyDelete